db-derby-user mailing list archives

From musky <musk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using SELECT as an SQL triggered action
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 01:31:18 GMT

i will make my aim more clearer here:
i have created an AFTER insert trigger on a table called chattable which has
two fields(ID INT,Message VARCHAR(255)).here is the trigger:
"CREATE TRIGGER insert_trigger AFTER INSERT ON chattable REFERENCING
NEW_TABLE AS chattableupdate FOR EACH STATEMENT SELECT * FROM
chattableupdate"
where chattableupdate is a transition table.

i want the transition table to contain the newly inserted rows whenever an
insert takes place into chattable.

please help me,because with this trigger,when i select * from
chattableupdate and assign it to a resultset i get an error that the
"chattable view/table does not exist"