db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject RE: Any ETA on "truncate table" ?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:34:37 GMT

Does anyone have insight into how the "import" would compare to the
"drop/recreate" workaround, performance-wise?  I'm currently using
drop/recreate for a large number of tables, so just wondering if it would be
worth trying import.

Regarding holding up the truncate feature because of lack of standards, an
interim solution could be to use a system procedure similar to the way
import is implemented.  I realize that's not the only thing holding up the
feature... it also needs a volunteer. ;)

Jim