db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "INUGANTI, KALYAN [AG-Contractor/1000]" <kalyan.inuga...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:44:46 GMT
Hi Knut,

We are using Derby 10.1. I posted this note to the Derby Dev thread as
well. I will let you know if I hear anything from them.

Thanks,
Kal

-----Original Message-----
From: Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM [mailto:Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:10 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object
of class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored

Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:

> INUGANTI, KALYAN [AG-Contractor/1000] wrote:
>> here are the 2 stack-traces that were in the derby.log.
>> 2008-01-08 17:28:27.478 GMT Thread[main,6,main] (XID = 4008637),
>> (SESSIONID = 0), (DATABASE = B:\SeedTrakDB), (DRDAID = null), Failed
>> Statement is: select * from productorder
>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.getHeaderAtSlot(UnknownSou
rce)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.restorePortionLongColumn
(Unknown Source)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.OverflowInputStream.fillByteHolder(
Unknown Source)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.OverflowInputStream.<init>(UnknownS
ource)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.readRecordFromArray(Unkn
own Source)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.restoreRecordFromSlot(Un
known Source)

org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.fetchFromSlot(UnknownSourc
e)

> Unfortunately, this looks like evidence of a damaged/corrupt database.

What I find a bit worrying is that we have seen similar corruptions (at
least the stack traces are similar) in the regression tests lately:

Kal, could you tell us which version of Derby you are using?

--
Knut Anders

prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible
for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries,
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.