db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "INUGANTI, KALYAN [AG-Contractor/1000]" <kalyan.inuga...@monsanto.com>
Subject SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:20:53 GMT
Hi,

I recently transitioned to a project where I am required to support an
application that uses Derby and I get the following errors when I try to
run simple SELECT queries on a TABLE.

For example - SELECT * FROM ORDER WHERE ORDERID = 1 throws the following
exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of
class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored

and - SELECT * FROM ORDER WHERE ORDERID = 2 throws the following
exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: '-1:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException'.

I am using IBM Cloudscape Workbench to run the queries against the
table. I am not sure if the workbench is not able to query the DB or if
it is an underlying problem with the DB. If there is a way to directly
query the underlying Derby DB (without using the workbench), please let
me know. Any insight into why the queries are failing would be valuable.

Thanks,
Kal

prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible
for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries,
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.