db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Magnus Prime <magnuspr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Check for DB Existence on Start
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:43:24 GMT

Hi.

I am fairly new to derby, but I am enjoying it so far.  What I want to know, is there a way
to connect to Derby, and check that the DB you want to use exists, and if not, then go create
it.

I am using the embedded driver (in a Java program), and I know I can add the ;create flag
to the URL, but does that have any adverse effects if the DB has already been created?

The end result of what i am trying to accomplish, is that the first time the program is run,
create the required DB and its tables/sample data, and from then on, dont create it if it
already exists.

Thanks

The best games are on Xbox 360.  Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console.