db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Sayatovic" <trin+derby-us...@trinition.org>
Subject Why might embedded Derby not preserve state?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 00:13:20 GMT
I'm trying to run XWiki Enterprise with embedded Derby (via XWiki's use of
Hibernate) under Tomcat 5.  I first tried this a couple of months ago, and
have just tried again using the latest release of Derby ( 10.3.2.1).

I can start the application just fine, add content, browse it, etc.  When I
then shut down Tomcat and start it again, all of my content is gone.

I doubt it is a global flaw in XWiki because I've got it working fine with
another DB.  I'm also fairly certain its not a blatant problem in Derby
since it would be so fatal.

Instead, I suspect its an unexpected interaction.  So what sort of things
might be causing this?  Any ideas on what I could look for?

Regards,
Brian.