db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARNING 02000 (was "Error 00200")
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:08:18 GMT
Williamson, Nick wrote:
> [...]
Hi Nick -
This seems to be an IJ issue with updates and deletes (maybe others but
not a SELECT statement).
I only see this message using IJ - it does not happen when executing the
same SQL in a JDBC program and I never get the message in the derby.log
file.  Have you seen this message from non-IJ sources?

Would you file a JIRA bug for this issue - it is very annoying.

Here's a simple test for the problem derived from the example in JIRA
entry DERBY-1574:

java -Dderby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=40000 org.apache.derby.tools.ij
 ij> create table t1 (i INTEGER);
  ij> create table t2 (i INTEGER);
  ij> update t1 set i = (select i FROM t2 WHERE t2.i=t1.i);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
WARNING 02000: No row was found for FETCH, UPDATE or DELETE; or the
result of a query is an empty table.