db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: NullPointerException, possibly in getControlRowForPage?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:34:49 GMT
I second, could you report this as a new issue.  If possible can you
try with different JVM/jit disabled to try and get a line number for
the null pointer?

If it reproduces in your environment can you turn on statement logging
to derby.log so maybe we can see what is causing the null pointer.  Do
you do anything in the long transaction that may be affecting the
state of indexes affected like - dropping indexes, compressing tables,
other sorts of ddl.

Of course if you can provide standalone repro that would be easiest way
to allow someone to help with the problem.