db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Trying to "update from" - Derby 10.1
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:14:09 GMT
> My last problem is converting varchars to blob records.  Anyone have any
> insights?

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of experience working with blobs, but is it
workable for you to write a Java program to perform this task? If so, it
seems like you should be able to:
  - select the varchar data into a Java string using JDBC.
  - create a CLOB object in Java using the string data
  - set the CLOB object into your database using JDBC.

I think you can find lots of blob/clob example programs in the Derby
source tree, in the "java/testing" subdirectory.

thanks,

bryan