db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Apache license question
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:21:06 GMT
Hi Gavin,

You may find the answers you need here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/
In particular, that page points at a useful FAQ:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html The FAQ addresses the
issue of using the Apache license for your own code. The FAQ also has a
very useful summary section titled "I'm not a lawyer. What does it all
MEAN?". The FAQ page ends with the following paragraph:

"If you have a question specifically about the Apache license or
distribution of Apache software, and it has not been answered by this
page, you may send a message to <human-response@Apache.Org>  requesting
clarification. Note: If you send a question that is answered by the
information on this page your message may be IGNORED."

Hope this helps,
-Rick