db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of class , attempted to read more data than was originally stored
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:47:45 GMT
INUGANTI, KALYAN [AG-Contractor/1000] wrote:
> here are the 2 stack-traces that were in the derby.log.
> 2008-01-08 17:28:27.478 GMT Thread[main,6,main] (XID = 4008637),
> (SESSIONID = 0), (DATABASE = B:\SeedTrakDB), (DRDAID = null), Failed
> Statement is: select * from productorder
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.getHeaderAtSlot(UnknownSource)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.restorePortionLongColumn(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.OverflowInputStream.fillByteHolder(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.OverflowInputStream.<init>(UnknownSource)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.readRecordFromArray(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.restoreRecordFromSlot(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BasePage.fetchFromSlot(UnknownSource)

Unfortunately, this looks like evidence of a damaged/corrupt database.
Do you know the history of this database? Can you pinpoint when this
started to happen?

If you have a backup of the database, you may need to restore it.

If you can reproduce the problem starting with a fresh database, I'm
sure that the developers on derby-dev@db.apache.org would love to
hear about that.

thanks,

bryan