db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Can parameter markers be passed into a VTI ?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:43:40 GMT
Priya B wrote:
> Does Derby allow users to create VTI calls with
> parameter markers for arguments; so that we can
> prepare the vti once and execute it with different
> values?
>
> Something like:
> SELECT vti.* FROM new MyVTI(?) vti;
> and then set the parameter value at run time?

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

Hi Priya,

This usage works when preparing the invocation of a table function:

  select * from table fooFunc( ? ) s

You then set the parameter before exectuting the prepared statement. I
think that the short answer to your question is "yes". The resolution of
? parameters works for table functions the same way that it works for
other Derby functions.

Hope this helps,
-Rick