db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getImportedKeys() and getTables() return no rows
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:20:53 GMT
Donald McLean wrote:
> At least one case was documented on the Wiki:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines
>
> (under Common Problems, at the bottom)

If you mean SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA (which is a SQL routine) then it seems to
follow the same rules as the Java methods, case sensitive, I was asking
for Java methods that are case insensitive for table names. Ie. passing
in mytable would match the table created by any of

  create table mytable ...
  create table MYTABLE ...
  create table myTable ...
  create table "MYTABLE" ...

All of which would create a table with the name MYTABLE.

JDBC DatabaseMetadata methods require that the passed in table name
match the actual table name, in this case MYTABLE.

Dan.