db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Williamson, Nick" <nick_william...@mentor.com>
Subject RE: WARNING 02000 (was "Error 00200")
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:23:42 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Stanley Bradbury [mailto:Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com]
Sent: 31 January 2008 16:04
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: WARNING 02000 (was "Error 00200")

Hi Nick -
Warnings messages should only be displayed when the
derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel property is set to zero, not with
the default setting of 40000.  Are you running with this this property
setting ?  If not it sounds like you have encountered a bug.  I'm not
sure how useful such a Warning is either.  Most of the time I would not
want to be informed of this.

I seem to recall having encountered this myself when reporting a
different problem and may have a test case for it - JIRA is down at the
moment but I will check later to see if I can find the issue.

Do you agree this is something that should be ignored (not reported)
most of the time?

Hi Stanley,

I was running with a value of 3 but having now set it to 40000 and
started ij again, I still get the warning. I changed the value in
derby.properties in the derbydbs folder, which is the folder that I'm
invoking ij from in my OS prompt, so I'm assuming that it's picking up
the new setting and that the database isn't overriding it with the
setting that was in place when it was created...

I agree completely that it's not something I would wish to see in the
normal course of events...

Thanks,
Nick