db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jim Murphy <jim.mur...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Trying to "update from" - Derby 10.1
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:27:56 GMT

I support 5 different DB types and each have a single script file that
performs each version's migration.  Our product is pretty widely available
and deployed - for dev tools.  For architectural simplicity I was hoping to
stay with this pattern.  I run the script s part of my application -  if the
user chooses to do an inplace upgrade. But for militant, enterprise DBAs the
app can just provide the scripts that they can inspect and run on their own.
If there is custom code it dirties up this process.

As it turns out I'm written this "manual" blob creator but its the first
time I've had to do it - and I don't like doing it.

Thanks for the help.

Jim