db-derby-user mailing list archives

From tom_ <tom12...@web.de>
Subject Re: Failed to start database
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:05:05 GMT

Yes, I agree, it doesn't need to and should not try a shutdown, and that's
how the application's logic works. I have just found out that another
application by whatever reasons tries to make a shutdown in the described
situation. I wonder if this trial could result in a database crash -
eventually afterwards when the other application does the shutdown. It would
explain why I am observing the recovery problem so often.