db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Haufler" <ahauf...@gmx.de>
Subject Using Derby's VTI
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:58:04 GMT
Hi there,

we're trying to use Derby's VTI interface in order to integrate Derby with
Lucene. I already saw some efforts to integrate Lucene via "normal" function
calls, but I think, using the VTI is a better approach. However, I only find
documentation about the "Derby-style table functions" which is a feature of
Derby 10.4 any not yet released. In the code I saw, that the VTI is also
available in 10.3 based on PreparedStatements and some interfaces.

My questions are now,

1) will these "Derby-style table functions" replace the other approach, or
is this just a feature to easily integrate other datasources with return
ResultSet.
2) how do I use VTI in 10.3, I know that I have to use something SELECT ...
FROM TABLE(??) <- but I didn't find out what goes in there.
3) If "Derby-style table functions" are the way to go, when approximately
will a release containing it be available? Mid 2008? End of 2008?

thanx+best regards
Andreas Haufler