>From the class documentation of DatabaseMetaData (JDK 6):
"If a search pattern  argument is set to <code>null</code>, that argument's criterion will  be dropped from the search."

Raymond

On Dec 28, 2007 9:44 AM, Mark Thornton <mthornton@optrak.co.uk> wrote:
Raymond Kroeker wrote:
> I've also found that passing null also includes all tables.

It might do, but as the documentation for DatabaseMetaData.getTables
doesn't define what happens for a null tableNamePattern argument, it
would be better not to rely on this. Odd though given that null is
explicitly mentioned for all the other parameters. I seem to remember
that some JDBC drivers throw an exception if you use a null
tableNamePattern parameter.

Mark Thornton

Raymond Kroeker