db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David" <dholli...@TheSolutionWorks.com>
Subject Double.NaN in table?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 03:23:56 GMT
 For an application I am writing I need to store doubles in a table. I
thought I could use the DOUBLE type when creating the columns in my tables.
Unfortunately the insert fails when the value of the double is Double.NaN.
We use NaN a lot in our analysis. Is there a way to make this work, or
should we just convert everything to a string?
We are using Java 6.x with JavaDB (Derby). Our tables are around 8,000 rows
(200,000 rows in the future) by 15 columns.

Performance is not much of an issue in this part of our system, we are only
using the database so that we can be flexible with our filtering of this
data.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-David