db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "adam jvok" <ajv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temp Tables: User can not perform the operation in schema 'SESSION'.
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 06:12:57 GMT
I have a derby.properties like this:

derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.database.sqlAuthorization=TRUE
derby.user.usera=pwd
derby.fullAccessUsers=usera
derby.drda.host=192.168.1.50

I start the network server and run up 'ij'.
ij>connect 'jdbc:derby://192.168.1.50:1527/TEST1;user=usera;password=pwd;create=true;';
ij> declare global temporary table t11(a int) on commit preserve rows
not logged;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted

All good so far.

Now try this (while still connected as usera):
ij> call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.userb','pwd');
Statement executed.
ij>  call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_USER_ACCESS('userb','FULLACCESS');
Statement executed.
ij> disconnect;
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://192.168.1.50:1527/TEST1;user=userb;password=pwd;';
ij> declare global temporary table t1(a int) on commit preserve rows not logged;
ERROR 42507: User 'USERB' can not perform the operation in schema 'SESSION'.

There is no other problem with userb, e.g. I can do:
ij> create table t1(a int);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted

It just doesn't like userb creating temp tables???