db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suman N <Suma...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject Migrating from DB2 to Derby. Need similar/equivalent commands in Derby
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 06:46:41 GMT

Hi,

I am currently working with DB2 database and wish to migrate to Derby-10.3.1.4.
I have certain performance parameters to be tuned and tablespaces created to work with huge
volume of data.
I am finding difficulty in finding the equivalent commands or properties to be set in derby.properties
files.
I have listed down all the post installation steps I do in DB2. Can anyone identify the equivalent
command to be executed in ij command console, or properties to be set in derby.properties
file?
Please let me know equivalent derby commands/properties for all of these listed below if they
are available in Derby.

Performance tuning parameters

 *   LOCKTIMEOUT to be 30 seconds.
 *   Update the APPLHEAPSZ - Application Heap Size to be 1024.
 *   Update the DBHEAP - Database Heap  to be 600
 *   Set the AUTORESTART - Auto Restart to be On

After configuring the database I create the Bufferpool and tablespaces required

 *   db2 CREATE BUFFERPOOL highmem SIZE 50 PAGESIZE 32K

 *   db2 connect reset

 *   db2 create tablespace Table_space_L PAGESIZE 32K MANAGED BY SYSTEM using ('<dir_name_A>')
BUFFERPOOL highmem

 *   db2 create temporary tablespace Table_space_T PAGESIZE 32K MANAGED BY SYSTEM using ('<dir_name_B>')
BUFFERPOOL Highmem

 *   db2 connect reset

 *   db2 grant use of tablespace Curam_L to user <user_name> with grant option

Thanks,
Suman