db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Khin, Gerald" <Gerald.K...@ids-scheer.com>
Subject RE: Commercial Support for Derby
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:19:08 GMT
Hi!

As for Cloudscape: Read this article: "Changes in Cloudscape
Availability and Support":

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=636&context=SSCRVP&dc=D600&u
id=swg21256502&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

Cheers,

Gerald

________________________________

From: Sha Jiang [mailto:jiangshachina@gmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007 02:27
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Commercial Support for Derby

Hi,
IBM supports Apache Derby, too.
Of course, IBM's distribution is Cloudscape, like Sun's.
In my memory, Derby=Java DB=Cloudscape.
In fact, IBM and Sun respectively provide some developers to build the
database in Apache community.
But...it said that there's a bit of difference between the
distributions.
But...I think the tiny differences isn't a trouble.
Most importantly, you should contact one of the corporations, then make
your decision.

Thanks!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang