db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DERBY
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:23:11 GMT
Hello Suresh,

There is a short explanation of the JDBC connection URL, which I believe
is the same as the databaseURL, at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/getstart/getstart-single.html#rgsquck30197
Without getting into the details, the connection URL for Derby could
look like this:
jdbc:derby:/my/home/directory/myFirstDB;create=true
jdbc:derby://my-host.com:1527/myDB

The first one creates the database myFirstDB in the specified directory
on the local machine.
The second URL connects to the database myDB at the remote host
my-host.com on port 1527.

You can find a list of the connection URL attributes in the reference
manual, here is the link for the development version:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html#rrefattrib24612

Hope this gets you started,
--
Kristian