db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Files
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:30:17 GMT
John Embretsen wrote:
> john wrote:
>> I ran the Duke Bookstore bookstore1 example. Where, etc in which folder,
>> does Derby Store the data files for this example..
>>
>> I have figured out how to run the ij utility. What is the name of the
>> Derby database I need to connect to to query to tables?
>
> I am not familiar with this example, but after doing some web searches I'm
> guessing that the (last part of the) name of the database is "BookDB". Try
> searching for the name of the database, which should be a folder in your
> file
> system.

Hello John,

Another search-mechanism that works (currently), is to search for
directories named 'seg0' (that is the digit zero). The parent directory
of a directory named 'seg0', is the database directory.
If you have '/home/kristwaa/tests/BookDB/seg0', then you can connect to
the database using the absolute path in the JDBC url like this:
'jdbc:derby:/home/kristwaa/tests/BookDB'

hth,
--
Kristian