db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Successful Delivery
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:20:02 GMT
Donald McLean wrote:
> "We" are the Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) development team from the
> Space Telescope Science Institute (http://www.stsci.edu).

Thank you. Cool stuff!

I initially had some trouble finding a navigational path from the wiki front
page to the DatabaseManager page, so I added a link to the HibernateHelp page
from the "Hints and Tips" page as well (it was previously only reachable via the
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/WorkingWithDerby page).

I also took the liberty to add an entry for the institute at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby, I hope that is OK.

Earlier, Donald wrote:

> if anyone is interested, I might be talked into
> writing a short paper.

I'm not a Hibernate user myself, but I know that many Derby users are, so I am
sure such a paper would be highly appreciated! The issues you have faced may
even be independent of Hibernate, so I would most likely read it anyway.

Also, more information available to the Derby community may result in more
issues getting fixed in Derby...

--
John