db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Double.NaN in table?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:01:41 GMT
Neither the JDBC 4.0 specification[1] nor "JDBC API Tutorial and
Reference"[2] mention handling of the NaN or INFINITE numbers at all AFAICT.

As there is no mention of how to handle *jdbc* doubles (and literals),
it seems this then boils down to how/if the database handle the *sql*
double (and literals).

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] JSR-221, JDBC 4.0,
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr221/index.html

[2] "JDBC API Tutorial and Reference, Third Edt.", Fisher, Ellis &
Bruce, Addison-Wesley 2003.

--
Thomas Nielsen