db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Files
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:18:11 GMT
john wrote:
> I ran the Duke Bookstore bookstore1 example. Where, etc in which folder,
> does Derby Store the data files for this example..
>
> I have figured out how to run the ij utility. What is the name of the
> Derby database I need to connect to to query to tables?

I am not familiar with this example, but after doing some web searches I'm
guessing that the (last part of the) name of the database is "BookDB". Try
searching for the name of the database, which should be a folder in your file
system.

If BookDB is not the correct name (if you cannot find a directory with that
name), look in the sources of the example for something resembling a JDBC URL,
which should tell you the name of the database directory.

Then, you may try to use an absolute or relative URL in your ij session to
connect to the database (see
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseNamesRelativeAbsolute )

--
John