db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Two statement in while
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:03:22 GMT
> Just a stab in the dark, but I think you can only have one resultset
> open in a connection at a time.

No, that's not true. Some databases have that limitation, but not Derby.

I routinely have multiple result sets open on the same connection
in my Derby applications.

>       I have a question about using two PreparedStatements in the same
>     connection. When I use the following line, I get an exception
>     java.sql.SQLException: ResultSet not open. Operation 'next' not
>     permitted. Verify that autocommit is OFF.

Can you post a complete working example of the code that is causing
you problems? I didn't see anything wrong with your skeleton pseudo-code,
so it must be something wrong in the actual code.

thanks,

bryan