db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Commercial Support for Derby
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:16:47 GMT
Hi Ivan,

There are several distributions of Derby, including Sun's Java DB as
well as Cloudscape (available in IBM products), and of course the
community releases. Sun sells support for the Java DB distributions.
Sun, however, does not sell support for Cloudscape or for the community
releases. To buy support for this database software, you need to
download the bits from Sun and sign a license agreement. For more
information, please see http://developers.sun.com/javadb/support/

It can be confusing that this software is available in three major
distributions. Please note that the Java DB bits are identical to the
bits released by the Derby community.

Hope this helps,
-Rick