db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Can we create BUFFERPOOL and TABLESPACE in derby
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:33:50 GMT
derby does not have tablespaces.  All tables are in one directory and
thus must be on one logical disk.  One could use the OS to spread that
disk across multiple disks.  One can also place the derby recovery log
on a separate device.

Derby control over the buffer pool is by setting maximum number of
pages.  It defaults to 1000 pages.  And the pages can range from 4k to
32k.  To set page size see setting the page cache size:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/tuning/ctunperf54492.html