db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leszek <leec...@o2.pl>
Subject import with unique and identity column
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:18:37 GMT
Hi all, I cannot find solution for my problem so I post here ;)

I'm trying to import file to derby database (10.3.1.4). This file was created through exporting
from the same database structure.
I have table 'TABLE' with 1 identity column 'C1', 1 unique column 'C2' (name of product) and
a couple other.
Export command:
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE (null, 'TABLE', 'd:/myfile.del', null, null, 'UTF-8');

Import command:
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA (NULL, 'TABLE', 'C2,C3,c4,C5,C6', '2,3,4,5,6', 'D:/myfile.del',null,
null, 'UTF-8', 0);

Best for me it would be if during import the base would ignoring duplicate rows(because I
have unique column C2).
Life isn't easy :), so I receive en error (something like that):
The instruction was broken, because could cause the rising of the duplicate of the value.

Maybe I would delete unique property from C2 column and delete duplicate rows after import.
But how?

Thanks for any help