db-derby-user mailing list archives

From olk <Oliver.Koll...@web.de>
Subject Re: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:47:00 GMT

Hi
I am getting the same

"java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
derby.log read)"

message, but in an other environment.

I'm developing a applet to embed in a web page, contacting the derby local
database. I receive the error, when I try to open the database connection to
the local database. When I try the same piece of code within a Java
Application, I can contact the database with no error.

Yes, the applet is signed - so it should be allowed to read local files.

I'm wondering, if it might be related to the security manager.... ? When
creating the database, I did not assign a specific user and password as I'm
still in evaluating derby for a new project..? Unfortunately the
documentation isn't too detailed about NOT assigning a user and pass.

Thanks,
Oliver