I haven’t had any luck finding anything looking through the maillist … ( or as newbe I don’t know how to seek.-)

I need ( well I chose) to use updatable selects in a java-(netbeans)-project

(And I might just have a misconception of what they really are and should be used… -))

All I get from derby is resultsets that are read_only when I ask for concurrent updatable….

(Using server version)

Request:  (aprox and paraphrased from derby documentation … )

Statement

stmt = con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);

con.autocommit(false);

Stmt.executeQuery(“Select * from \“table\”  for update of \“row\” “);

Documentation of updatable selects are quite “dark” about when the resultset is returned as updatable and specially when “not” returned as updatable.

Standard stmt.execute(“update \”table\” set xxx = yyy where zzz ) is working just fine… but I insist on the usability of the consept of updatable selects … just don’t understand why they don’t work with java using derby.

Anybody with a lucky helping hand ??  And please don’t tell me that I should not use updatable select … or not use “javadb” or use a newer version … I’ll be very sorry.-)

Greating

 erik

-----