db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error_building
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:05:13 GMT
On 11/23/07, spark man <nishkalins@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> This is Naresh.I want to contribute in Apache Derby project. Just now I
> completed my M.C.A(Master of Computer Application).
> I down load the source code for the Apache Derby, while I building the
> Apache Derby I got one error please give a solution for this.
>
> My Error is
> "E:\antproject\db-derby-10.3.1.4-src\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml"
> "taskdef class org.apaceh.derbyBuild.MessageBuilder cannot
> be found.

Welcome!

We've had some other people seemingly run into that error...It's
usually some detail in the setup that causes the build to fail. I
assume you read carefully the  BUILDING.txt. (should be at
e:\antproject\db-derby-10.3.1.4-src).

So...some questions; is this the only error you see? Do you have
proceed=true in $HOME/ant.properties? Are you using an IDE? Does this
happen the very first time you build? Do you  have ANT_HOME set?
JAVA_HOME?

Myrna