db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Suman N" <Suma...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Distributed Protocol Error
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:01:16 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Now I know why I get this error. But what needs to
be done to eliminate it.(i.e How can I make my application to talk the
Derby client protocol (DRDA) and how can I make the server to run with
SSL encryption enabled?).

Thanks,
Suman
-----Original Message-----
From: Bernt M. Johnsen [mailto:Bernt.Johnsen@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 5:25 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Distributed Protocol Error

Hi,

> I have been getting the following error when I execute an
executeupdate
> on a batch of queries from my application. What should I do to avoid
or
> eliminate this error?

The message indicates that either

1) some application not talking the Derby client protocol (DRDA)
   attempts to connect to the server, or

2) that the Derby client has SSL encryption enabled and the server is
   running in plaintext mode (default).

> Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error:
> DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14.
> Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?
>
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed
> because of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT
> arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14. Plaintext connection attempt from
an
> SSL e
>
> nabled client?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Suman

privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else
> is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance
> on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail. Thank
you.

Staff Engineer, Derby/Java DB
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway