db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brad Moore <bradm6...@hotmail.com>
Subject Connecting to encrypted DB using ODBC
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:28:34 GMT
Hi,

I am fairly new to Derby and I am having a problem trying to connect to an encrypted database
using ODBC.

I know that to connect to my database and boot it using JDBC I need to include the encryptionAlgorithm
and encryptionKey in the URL for the database.  But, for the application I am working on I
am stuck using an ODBC connection.  I tried putting encryptionAlgorithm=... and encryptionKey=...
in my DBParm, but it is not working.  I just get a very un-useful error message that says
"SQL0001N  Binding or precompilation did not complete successfully."

The DBParm I am attempting to use looks like this:
ConnectString='driver={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER}; dbalias=MYDB; UID=APP; PWD=password;encryptionAlgorithm=AES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=4342414D436C515663424A2371454022'

If the database is already booted then I can connect to it with the above connectstring.
But if I am trying to do the initial boot up of the database then I get the error mentioned
above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad

Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!
http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig