db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Aneez Backer <aneez_bac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Blues : Unable to connect to derby database using JDBC
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:53:30 GMT

Hi

This is what is being printed on the console.
The error message is in bold

Loaded the appropriate driver.
Connected to database  24k
exception thrown:
java.sql.SQLDataException: Invalid character string format for type
 int.

The catch statement is as follows:-

        catch (Throwable e)
        {
            System.out.println("exception thrown:");

            if (e instanceof SQLException)
            {
                printSQLError((SQLException) e);
            }
            else
            {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }

Hope that clears the picture??

Thnaks
Aneez
Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@Sun.COM> wrote: Aneez,

Can you provide the call stack for the exception you get?

--
Øystein