db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "rufer stephane" <stephane.ru...@bridgeco.net>
Subject Apache Derby over ODBC/CLI
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:50:23 GMT
I'm using the DB2 ODBC driver from IBM to connect to my Apache Derby network server
(http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0505gibson/#N1073F -->Python
in this case). I can connect to the
sever (I receive the database connection information), but I can not execute a query. When
executing a query I get the following
error:

SQL0001N  Binding or precompilation did not complete successfully.

SQLSTATE=42Y07

I don't know if this error has something to do with the problem I'm experiencing when connecting
to derby with ij over the protocol
'jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/'. When I try to connect I get this error:

ERROR (no SQLState): null userid not supported

(I copied db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar to the derby lib directory)

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Stephane Rufer