db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing network server connection with ij
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:38:01 GMT
Aneez Backer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to establish multiple connections to the same derby database
> (located at D:/JavaWorks/Database/)
>
> The embedded connection works fine, but when I try the network
> connection it gives the following error:
> D:\JavaWorks\Database>java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij version 10.3
> ij> connect
> 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//D:/JavaWorks/Database/MyDbTest;create=
> true';
> ERROR 08001: No suitable driver found for
> jdbc:derby://localhost:1527//D:/JavaWo
> rks/Database/MyDbTest;create=true

Try removing the second / before the drive letter in your database path, like this:

'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/D:/JavaWorks/Database/MyDbTest;create=true';

You only need one / to separate the port number from the path, whether it is
absolute or relative.

See also http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseNamesRelativeAbsolute .

--
John