db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Newbie Blues : Unable to connect to derby database using JDBC
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:18:42 GMT
Aneez,

I see that your class is based on Derby's simple demo. Once you start modifying
the database or parts of the demo code, care should be taken to ensure that the
rest of the code is still valid. For example, the data verification part is very
specific to the data inserted by the demo.

If you need more info on how to work with JDBC (for example ResultSets), I
recommend this tutorial:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/basics/index.html

--
John