db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Restricting number of connections from a single user
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:50:40 GMT
I believe Jørgens angle of attack here is that a badly programmed app
would still thrive in embedded mode, and the student would never get
that he is misbehaving?

Limitations on server access would quickly foster nice, pure code in
this area - at least if there were some helpful exceptions thrown.

But, yes, going embedded would certainly help in a lot of other areas!

I guess the possibility of going embedded was never really on their
mind. Enlightenment is one of the challenges of [pre|te]aching derby to
those in a Oracle/Mysql mindset... :)

Thomas

--
Thomas Nielsen