db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DerbyDB quality
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:24:07 GMT
Kurt Huwig wrote:
> It is caused by inserting millions of tuples into a table due to the
> necessary index split. And I guess the user somehow wants to get the
> records into the table and he has to make sure that noone queries the
> database while he insert the records.

Not that it helps, but my point was that you may run into this issue having no
more than a few thousand rows in the table (depending on the size of the indexed
data). As long as you are near the point when an index split needs to happen
(i.e. when a page is full?), I believe the main contributing factor is
concurrent reads and writes.

--
John