db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE and reindexing
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:13:13 GMT
Dan Karp wrote:
> I think we may be getting hit with DERBY-269 (stale index cardinality causes table scans).
 The command listed in that JIRA ("alter table <table-name> compress [sequential]")
isn't valid.  Calling SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE works, but takes a huge amount of CPU,
disk I/O, and disk space.  Is there a simpler, straightforward way to force recalculation
of these indexes?

According to the documentation: Cardinality statistics are updated when
a table scan is performed so a " select * from <table> " should do it.