db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Server: deny connection to directories outside of known directories
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:02:04 GMT
Daniel Noll wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is there some way for the Derby server to allow custom code to determine
> whether a directory can be opened for a database?  I read something about a
> policy file but that doesn't really suit our use case as the list of
> directories can be changed by the admin at runtime.

I believe there is a system procedure that can be used to reload the
policy file in effect dynamically: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_RELOAD_SECURITY_POLICY

See here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefreloadpolicyproc.html

Maybe that could be used whenever the admin wants to change what
directories are accessible?

Vemund