db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Case insensitive indexed search possible?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 12:21:09 GMT
Hi Jon,

The situation with case-insensitive searching did not change in the
latest 10.3 release and no one has volunteered to address this issue in
the next feature release, 10.4. If you want to avoid the full table
scan, you can store the text in  two columns:  mixed case in one column,
and normalized to lowercase in the second column.

Regards,
-Rick