db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "G M Abdul Salam" <g.m.abdulsa...@gmail.com>
Subject DerbyDB quality
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:49:48 GMT
sir,

I am in a big dilemma at the moment to decide whether to go for Derby DB or
PostgreSQL. Can you please kindly help me in answering my below query:

1. how good is DerbyDB when it comes for storing 1 - 2 million records in a
table
2. how good is it to handle multilingual content (Arabic and French)
3. how good it is with performance side for Java Web Application

we are in the process of building global web application and would like to
know if DerbyDB suits our needs. Your help and support is highly appreciated

Kind Regards,
Mohammed Abdul Salam, G