db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Network protocol error in prepareStatement()
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:09:15 GMT
On Tuesday 13 November 2007 11:24:52 Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Daniel Noll wrote:
> > This is embedded in an application though so changing the connection
> > properties isn't going to be easy, but do you think changing the system
> > property derby.drda.debug to true on the server would generate enough
> > output to diagnose the problem?
> Daniel,
> I think for a deployed app, derby.client.traceDirectory and
> derby.client.traceLevel are your best bet for drda tracing. See:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UndocumentedDerbyBehavior

Interestingly, in terms of queries...

It doesn't happen for:
  SELECT DISTINCT id FROM items_tags WHERE id >= 0

But it does happen for:
  SELECT items_tags.id AS id FROM tags, items_tags
   WHERE LOWER(tags.name) = ?
     AND tags.id = items_tags.tagid
     AND items_tags.id >= 0

This much might give me a way to reproduce it standalone soon, as there aren't
many differences between the two at the end of the day.

View raw message