db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Network protocol error in prepareStatement()
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:35:35 GMT
On Tuesday 13 November 2007 04:22:18 Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> > I'm getting this unusual exception during prepareStatement():
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> This could possibly be due to a bug in Derby. Can you reproduce
> the problem? If so, can you gather more information? Here is
> a wiki page which provides guidance about how to proceed with
> gathering more information:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ProtocolDebuggingTips

It apparently does happen every time, whether from remote hosts or localhost.

This is embedded in an application though so changing the connection
properties isn't going to be easy, but do you think changing the system
property derby.drda.debug to true on the server would generate enough output
to diagnose the problem?

Failing that I might have to step our customer through using a third-party
database browsing tool to open the database, but those aren't the easiest to
use and I sort of fear leaving that sort of power in the hands of an end
user.

Daniel