db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kurt Huwig <k.hu...@iku-ag.de>
Subject Re: DerbyDB quality
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:45:07 GMT
Am Montag, 12. November 2007 schrieb John Embretsen:
> Kurt Huwig wrote:
> > Several users - including me - are having problems with tables
> > containing a lot of records and concurrent INSERT and SELECT
> > statements which result in deadlocks. There is a issue filed
> > including a reproducing example which deadlocks Derby within a few
> > seconds:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2991
>
> This is a concurrency issue that you may run into in some use cases,
> but it is not an issue related to (caused by) having millions of
> tuples in a table.

It is caused by inserting millions of tuples into a table due to the
necessary index split. And I guess the user somehow wants to get the
records into the table and he has to make sure that noone queries the
database while he insert the records.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Kurt Huwig
GnuPG 1024D/99DD9468 64B1 0C5B 82BC E16E 8940  EB6D 4C32 F908 99DD 9468