db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject ERROR XSDG3: Meta-data for Container... -- Is this database corrupt?
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:23:52 GMT
Hi all.

I had an error opening a database and the logs showed the following error (I've
truncated out the common parts of the two exceptions, if more are needed I can
post it somewhere that it won't cause a flood.

ERROR XSDG3: Meta-data for Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@5f1ba8
could not be accessed
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.openContainer(Unknown Source)
Nested:
java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getEmbryonicPage(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.readHeader(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.openContainer(Unknown Source)

Questions:

  1. Is this, as I strongly suspect, a corrupted database?

  2. What might lead to this kind of situation?

  3. Is there any way to recover the data now?

Daniel